The Diplomatic Winter Bazaar raised 46% more funds in 2021
March 30, 2022
The Diplomatic Winter Bazaar has raised 121.000 BAM in the 2021 fundraising campaign, for children and young people all across Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The amount raised by the annual charity event organized by the international community in Sarajevo is 46% higher than the amount raised in 2020, which was 83.000 BAM.
This achievement is remarkable due to the fact that again there was no physical fundraising event in Skenderija like in the pre-pandemic period. The funds will be distributed to 19 organizations all across BiH who support children and young people affected by disadvantages such as poverty, cancer, mental or physical illnesses, exploitation and trauma.
We are very grateful to our sponsors including EFT, Mineco, Heidelberg Cement, Telemach Fondacija, Adriatic Metals, Smed Engineering and Prointer Company. Pomozi.ba was an important partner again this year, raising money and accepting online donations. The DWB was also greatly supported by embassies, international organizations, and schools, with the top fundraising prize going to the children at Richmond Park Schools.
The 2021 Diplomatic Winter Bazaar Organizing Committee includes Gry Reinertsen (Norway), Anna Jewell (IMF), Tatiana Chontzaisa (Greece), Nada Amin (Egypt), Cecilia Ek (Sweden), Tatiana Messerli (Switzerland), Piet Bakker (The Netherlands), and Madeline Ben Atiković.
We are happy to announce that the beneficiaries of the 2021 Diplomatic Winter Bazaar are:
- Down Sy and Me (Banja Luka): provides speech therapy support for children with Down syndrome – 10.000 BAM
- Heart for Children with Cancer (throughout BiH): provides support for sick children and their families, including wigs for hair loss – 9.000 BAM
- The Association of Bosnian Doctors for Persons with Disabilities (throughout BiH): provides support to persons with severe disabilities through personal assistance services – 9.000 BAM
- Day Center Gnijezdo for Children at Risk (Karanovac in Banja Luka): is an after-school project for children and youth to improve social inclusion, prevent violence, and empower children and youth at risk to overcome difficulties and challenges – 8.000 BAM
- Franciscan International Student Center (throughout BiH): provides scholarships to socially and financially disadvantaged university students from all over Bosnia and Herzegovina – 8.000 BAM
- New Path (Mostar area): works on prevention and fights against child trafficking, contemporary slavery, domestic violence, child pornography and pedophilia – 7.000 BAM
- EMMAUS International Solidarity Forum (Doboj): provides assistance to children with disabilities and from vulnerable categories of society to help them on the path to independence – 7.000 BAM
- Los Rosales Center for Children and Youth with Special Needs (Mostar): works with children and youth with developmental difficulties to achieve the highest possible degree of independence – 7.000 BAM
- Give Us a Chance(Sarajevo): is a service center for children and young people with developmental disabilities that provides health and psychological services for them and their families – 7.000 BAM
- Children’s Center Gnijezdo(Bosanski Grahovo): is an extracurricular program that helps children from vulnerable families, providing them with active assistance in learning and socialization – 7.000 BAM
- Future Association for Support of Children and Parents (Sarajevo): is an inclusive environment creating better living conditions for children on the autistic spectrum – 6.000 BAM
- Association Orchid (Stolac): provides socialization and integration of Roma children through psychological and social support – 5.000 BAM
- Angelus, the Association for Parents of Children with Special Needs (Domaljevac-Šamac): works with children with special needs and from challenged families who have developmental difficulties, helping to ensure an equal position in society – 5.000 BAM
- Education Builds BiH (throughout BiH): enables materially endangered young people to complete their high school and university education – 5.000 BAM
- The Grace Valley Center (Zenica): is a residential and day-care center mainly for Roma children – 5.000 BAM
- “Make Someone Happy” Association (Bratunac, Srebrenica): helps socially disadvantaged babies and children, providing meals, diapers and clothing for healthy growth and development – 5.000 BAM
- Let’s Grow Together, the Center for Children with Special Needs (Gacko): provides individual and group treatments to help children with disabilities integrate into society – 4.000 BAM
- Lotos, Mental Health Protection(Zenica): provides psychological support to children and young people with disabilities as well as parents and guardians who care for them – 4.000 BAM
- PIPOL Association (Tuzla): supports the treatment, recovery, rehabilitation, and resocialization of children and young people with cancer and their families – 3.000 BAM